In our everyday use, iron wire is the most common metal materials. We often have such question about why do not choose the common wire that used in electrical wiring? Today, Tianze Metal Company is going to give you the answer.
The reasons for iron is not used in making electrical wires are as follows:
1. Iron is very brittle in nature.
2. It gets corroded when comes in contact with oxygen in nature.
3. The resistivity of iron is large. Iron also has 5 1/2 times more resistance than the same size copper wire, so it will get 5 1/2 times hotter, and have 5 1/2 times more voltage losses, when carrying the same current as the copper wire.
4. Used as wire conductor will cause a lot of power waste, this will reduce the voltage of the power supply system, resulting in electrical appliances do not work .
5. Compared with copper and aluminum, the iron is unstable and easily oxidized. After oxide (rust), its resistance is further increased, and it is easy to cause damage.
6. As a conductor wire, it will emit a lot of heat, damage to the insulation, causing a short circuit, electric shock, and even cause a fire.